Friday, February 15, 2008

Funny Websites

First and foremost I would like to thank everyone for their zero (0) comments on my trip and pictures to Cambodia.
There is an information super highway full of lame stuff that's supposed to be funny, but some posters on my Cardinals message boards clued me into these two that actually made me LOL.


Fail

This site is a little ironic but very funny. I found my self to be a white person a number of times. There are entries about Yoga, Hating their Parents, Wes Anderson, Independent Music, Assists, Awareness, Farmers' Markets, Architecture, David Sedaris,; Great Stuff: Stuff White People Like
"Also, you might find yourself in conversation where you mention that you like something and there is an awkward silence indicating that it is not cool (like Ashton Kutcher). In this situation, uou must say “oh yeah, I also like [insert similar things]” and smile, the white people will laugh and all will be well."

"
To a white person, being a fan of a band before they get popular is one of the most important things they can do with their life. But BE WARNED, talking about Indie Music with white people is perhaps the most dangerous subject you touch upon. One false move and you will lose their respect and admiration forever. Here are some general rules
  • Bands that have had their songs in an Apple ad are still marginally acceptable
  • Bands that have had their songs in ads for other companies are not acceptable
  • If you mention a band you like and the other person has heard of them, you lose. They own you. It is essential that you like the most obscure music possible."

3 comments:

Malya said...

What about white people who haven't heard of any bands? Where does that leave us? I'm not even sure I could name you a Bob Dylan (sp?- I'm serious.) song. My husband and I do have like 20 country music cd's from high school. Not joking, it's the novelty of the 2 of us I like to think...

Wyatt said...

I think I'm pretty white, except I don't like cyclists, they irritate me with their "save the world by blocking traffic" agendas. I can block alot more traffic with my broken down car then they can ever block with their $5000 bicycle and $500 spandex outfit...

Brittany said...

i died laughing when i viewed these sites. my favorites were: obama with the friends gang - just the way he's photoshoped into the picture, the tetras fail and the dog in the planter box. very, very funny. i even thought about posting it on our blog since only half of our viewers know you...