Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's not really all that Comcastic.


I'm still looking for work, but in the meantime I'm answering the angry phone calls of Comcast subscribers. Then when they think they have hung up but they haven't I listen to them argue with their spouses (standard or common-law). I'd blog more about this, but I have been instructed that blogging about my job there is not prudent.

The corporate world is incredibly lame. If I am going to sneeze between the hours of 5 and 6 I have to fill out a 'Health Accommodation Action Form' or HAAF. The movie 'Office Space' was never funnier or more depressing.

Having diabetes is like having a child. I'm tied down now. I'd happily shag golf balls for minimum wage while looking for a job that doesn't make me want to hang myself if I didn't have to get medical benefits. But my pancreas is about as good at producing insulin as SunnyD is at producing refreshing beverages, so can you tell me Who do you use for your home phone service? Did you know that by bundling you can save $75 on your monthly bill?

If anyone from Comcast is reading don't worry, I filled out the Blog Information Release Allowance Form,' or BIRAF.

2 comments:

Jake said...

Comcast sucks. We just decided to cancel our Comcast Double Play! with the cable and internet. I was hoping I'd get you on the phone but it was a no go. So I won't actually be paying your salary.

Malya said...

Crappy. I'm sorry- I guess all I can hope is that someday when you have the perfect job you will appreciate harder days? But mostly, it's just still crappy! Like how I locked my daughter in the house today. And couldn't do anything but listen to her pounding on the door and asking for me!! No one will call CPS, right?